If you look at the Tone Deaf logo you can see Ed’s name spelled out.
2. Ed’s Name
Speaking of Ed’s name, did you know that if you take his last name and put his first initial behind it it sounds out ‘Harmony’?
The original three main characters were originally designed after fruit shapes?
4. Alma is named after Alma Mahler, Gustav’s wife.
5. Dmitri is named after Dmitri Shostakovich (shocker…I know).
6. Dmitri can’t play.
On Tone Deaf’s Facebook Fan Page a picture of Dmitri playing a sax with the wrong hand position has been the profile picture for quite some time now. However, only one person has emailed me so far to let me know that his hands are in the wrong spot.
7. Ralph Grunkin’s last name is a combination of Green and Junkin (Gary Green and Jerry Junkin), two well known band conductors. (side note- Ralph is the name of my dad and older brother)
8. Ferguson Foil
Ferguson Foil, the substitute teacher for Ed Harmon wears the same color pattern as Ed’s shirt, but just reversed.
Foil also means:
9. The first 30 comics were originally drawn for my previous comic ‘Matter of Fact’ but because they involved music I snuck them into my archives.
10. With that being said, Tone Deaf did not start until January 1st, 2010.
11. Ed’s hairstyle was originally modeled (and exaggerated upon) after one of my uncle’s hair who, when I was a kid, I thought always looked like Ronald Reagan.
12. TONE DEAF COMICS will eventually be spelled out at the bottom of the spines of the Tone Deaf Comic Books.
(we have a ways to go before that actually happens though)
What questions do you have that you have seen or wondered about?
Happy Holidays everyone! I hope everyone will have time to spend with family and friends this season.
I just wanted to send everyone a quick note about the domestic shipping deadline for the Tone Deaf store. This year it is going to be Sunday, December 15th. The reason it is really early this year is because I will be at the Midwest Clinic that week and will not be able to ship anything after that date. So, if you want to give anyone anything for Christmas please be sure to do it no later than the 15th. It would be better, of course, to do it as early as possible, but that is the absolute cut off date.